WHY STUDY IN SWEDEN?
Sweden has a long and proud history of academic excellence and despite its relatively small population, it’s home to some of the world’s best universities. The entire Swedish higher education system is ranked as one of the best in the world, and several Swedish universities are ranked by the Times Higher Education and the Academic Ranking of World Universities as being among the world’s best. Sweden’s status as a leader in innovation and a home of trendsetters and early adopters is nothing new: the list of Swedish world- changing inventions is a long one and includes the seatbelt, the pacemaker and the music service Spotify. When you study in Sweden, you’re encouraged to think independently, creatively and critically.
- Capital: Stockholm
- population: 9.517 million
- GDP: $525.7 billion
- Number of Universities: 51
- Currency: Swedish krona (SEK)
- Official Languages: Swedish
- Creativity is central
- Coursework is challenging – in a good way
- Sustainability and the environment are in focus
- Equality and diversity are central to Swedish society
- You’ll learn skills for a global career
- Sweden is clean and safe, and the standard of living is high.
- Everyone speaks English